About this site

Tumbang Preso (meaning, knock down the jail) is a game of arrests and escapes where each player's life
chances depends on the toppling of a tin can watched by a tag who plays guard.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Alice in Wondertracks Wheezes By


I think everything's fair in a race track.
The rest of your life is definitely not.





Jessie De Paula Baylon


Running around an oval track, High Priestess, the solitude of it all exhilarating. You have no idea who's chasing who, you're all catching each others' backs. I think everything's fair in a race track. The rest of your life is definitely not just. Which reminds me I'm ready to make a run for your online mag. I'm scared though. The lesbian ed there I know might bash me for being too girlie-girl and I find my concerns in life are petty, what am I spoz to do with those floods, those massacres, those catastrophes??? I'm scared to complain my steak isn't done "medium well" and could I care if the waiter or the cook is a flood victim? Or my pedicure isn't "square-toed" enough, should I now concern myself if my pedicurista has a relative in Maguindanao?? I'm ashamed to make my quarterly rounds over at the Greenbelt shops where my retail therapists reside. Every time I see a sales attendant I just silently go off in my head: Hey, Jess, what about the flood victim, the landslide resident, the marginalized underpaid, the massacred? You should be ashamed of yourself, Jess, don't buy anything!!! Oh and oh, and I have no clue as how to upload something over at your website, I'm a dufus when it comes to online tinkering. Wait, isn't this a piece already? A monologue! I rest my case, oh High Priestess of the L-worLd, I curtsy as I leave and run back to the tracks to catch some butts...

1 comment:

  1. jess, thank you. pls feel free to be a girlie-girl in a girls show. i wouldn't trust the world that i know if someone like you starts writing articles titled "Boycotting Birkenstock" or "Nicking Nike." Was it Ahab who said, "Everything's fine, boys. I'm in-charge."
    I would love it though if you write something like "Rocking Rockwell". Had wanted to shoot down someone there myself, I may yet will soon.

    ReplyDelete