About this site

Tumbang Preso (meaning, knock down the jail) is a game of arrests and escapes where each player's life
chances depends on the toppling of a tin can watched by a tag who plays guard.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unmedicated gargoyle












Sometimes you feel that what you feel, know, hold in your heart, head, hand is too big for you. And yet you know that there's no abdicating it: they hold you as you hold them.

*****

I am not and I cannot be an ivory tower intellectual. I cannot find myself outside the shit that is social history and attack from there. I am part of it all, even if I fuck up all the time, even if it fucks me up all the time.

*****

Lifestyle environmentalists, lifestyle lesbians, lifestyle gay men, what else? How about erstwhile communists who had broken into smaller units of procreation and consumption how are they called? How about cadres with children taken care by the partido with a taste for gadgets and gourmet meals and an addiction to sleazy soap operas, how do i call them, lifestyle masa?

I am neutered and spayed, kurdt, and I'm on a plain I can't complain.

*****

I was getting my brains beaten up
Because I had to be a lesbian
Because I had to be working-class
Because I had to be an intellectual
Because I had to be a feminist
Because I had to be.... Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment