About this site

Tumbang Preso (meaning, knock down the jail) is a game of arrests and escapes where each player's life
chances depends on the toppling of a tin can watched by a tag who plays guard.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sabrina Ikbala Voon: Kidnapped!

                                                         photo: doc raden ikbala



A couple of days before the news of the Bansils' release or escape from captivity, out came the news of another  kidnapping, that of Sabrina Ikbala Voon, 28-year old.

After the outpouring of prayers and sympathies, the background check. Is she Muslim? Who is the truer Muslim, Sabrina or her abductors? And then one mouthful: I knew her years back. I met her in a bar. There was nothing Muslim about her, but maybe I am mistaken and didn't really know her.

I hate checking on beautiful girls. But I had to go, and among my finds (this is random and incomplete):

1. she owns a guitar, with her name etched on it, and thinks that life is like playing the guitar; it has its transitions, and the more you listen, the more that you tune in, the sound getting better and better;


2. beauty is her trade and she believes that imperfection is beauty; and that happy girls are the prettiest.


 3. she loves marilyn monroe, who said that if you cannot take me at my worst; then you cannot
 have me at my best;
4. she signs with her name all her art works, including her self-portraits. There is no taking from her what she wears well -- beauty, elegance, and the brightest pair of eyes.


5. She may color her hair red, or yellow, but she is no dumb blonde. (Apologies to dumb blondies, if dumb blondies do exist.)


My suit is: should beauty and vibrance make of a girl less Muslim?




No comments:

Post a Comment