About this site

Tumbang Preso (meaning, knock down the jail) is a game of arrests and escapes where each player's life
chances depends on the toppling of a tin can watched by a tag who plays guard.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Neruda and pedophilia

He doesn’t have a High School Student affairs division daw. I’m disappointed. Now there he goes tuning out at my literary citations before I could remonstrate that hey Child Rights guy, I don’t have either!!!

But there’s not much of it in literature, is there? There’s a plethora of Dickens on lice-infested street shits but who cares about Dickens. I do like Sappho though: You Monkey, I have loved you for long, even when you just seemed to me a small ungracious child. And Ensler: Huwag, Ate, ah ah ah ah, and a little of Wilde, though I can't recall any line for now. I had not read Lolita, and didn't read enough of Neruda. I only know that Neruda had a wife, way way far younger than him who went crazy living with him and went worse when he left her, for another woman, probably older. It was Jules who tipped me, and No, she was not arguing against inter-generation love, she is for it, more so if it's lesbian. Jules just loves some of Neruda, but perhaps his poetry cannot abscond him from his crimes, no matter how true how good it was.

What did Neruda write?

Love is short, forgetting is long. Because I dont love her, maybe I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment